Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Visit From Mayor Nenshi

A neighbor of mine Erin, thought of me (knowing how crafty I tend to be:), when Mayor Nenshi's coveted bobblehead likeness met with a tragic accident.

Mayor Nenshi's Bobblehead (hereforthwith known as "Mr. Mayor") arrived sans pomp and circumstance to our little abode for his surgery and recovery.

Surgery was quick and easy, but recovery was going to take a little longer.  While resting on the back deck during a most warm springtime day, I shared some of my coveted Pina Colada slushie with him.  Don't worry Mr. Mayor, it was a virgin Pina Colada - he was recovering from surgery!

The next morning, Mr. Mayor was feeling much better and I put him in charge of making sure my daughter drank her milk.  This can be an arduous task, but I was quite impressed when she drank her milk right down.  Apparently Mr. Mayor has some pull with the 6-7 year olds!

Barbie learned of our famous guest and proceeded to invite him to her mansion for a Gala.
He met various styles of Barbies and Princesses including Rapunzel and her Husband Flynn Rider.

I do believe that Mr. Mayor was well rested when he was sent on his way back to work.  We were glad to have hosted such a famous Calgarian.  Thank you for stopping by Mr. Mayor!









1 comment: