Thursday, January 12, 2012

Felt and Needle Felted Wallet for my Niece

I wanted to make something unique for my niece for her birthday gift (which happens to be at Christmas).  I had this pattern to make a felt wallet, but it was pretty plain jane, until I realized I could needle felt my own design on the front!  The original instructions said to use a snap to close the wallet, but I placed two magnets instead so there would be nothing in the way to obscure the design.  The design was needlefelted freehand without using any templates.  The collar on the cat is swarvski crystal beads sewn on securely.  The zipper pull is a needle felted ball and a swarvski crystal flower, and I added a needle felted kitty cell phone charm to the button.  The entire wallet is hand sewn.  I loved this so much, I almost wanted to keep it for me!  I hope you enjoy your wallet M!

























1 comment:

  1. I want one and Andrea would probably like one for her birthday. You do such a great job.

    ReplyDelete