Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Fairy Garden

Another project I have been working on for myself is my "Fairy Garden".  They are very popular, and I decided to make one in a pot I can keep inside.  The pot is plastic and looks like an old cauldron. The "Fairy" house was made using a clay flowerpot.  I glued rocks to it, then grouted it.  Once the grout was dried, I added moss, and other plant bits.  I added smaller gravel stones around the house to give it room between the house and the garden soil.
I made the fairy out of polymer clay.  It took a long time to get her done.  The rose in her hand was easy as I have made lots of polymer clay roses in the past.  I had a dollhouse size glass of lemonaid that I placed in her hand shortly after baking her.  I glued her to a log that Kaitlyn found for me, and added the plants.  These are perennial succulents, and house plants.  I am going to add a few more river rocks, however, the Fairy Garden is pretty well completed.  Hopefully the cat won't think it is his litter-box!






No comments:

Post a Comment